INCOMETAX EMPLOYEES FEDERATION
A/2/95 Rajouri Garden
New Delhi. 110 027.
E mail: email@example.com
Circle No. 18/2009
Dated : 12th October, 2009
Sub: Secretariat meeting and decisions.
The Secretariat met on 11th October, 2009 as per the notice issued on 19th September, 2009. The following members of the Secretariat did not attend the meeting for reasons communicated by them in writing.
1. Com. Hari om. Vice President
2. Com. Y. Purohit., Joint Secretary
3. Com. Babu Thomas, Asst. Secretary
4. Com. B.N. Chikate. Asst. Secretary
5. Com. Maheshchand Misra Asst. Secretary
Com. V.S. R; Krishna, Chairman, Disciplinary Committee and Com. Bimal Bose, Advisor also could not attend the meeting.
We give hereunder the decision taken at the meeting.
Agenda Item No. 1.
Review of the progress of implementation of the agreement reached with the Board on 7th and 8th September, 2009.
The meeting noted that the orders in respect of the agreement reached on the Examination 2009 have not yet been issued It was reported at the meeting that the Chairman with whom the President had a meting on 10th October, has assured that the agreement would be honoured and the notification to give effect to it would be issued soon i.e. before the commencement of the Examination which is slated to begin on 26th October, 2009. The meeting decided to boycott the O.P. Paper of the ITOS examination if the notification is not issued immediately.
Infra structure fund and facility of mobile phones. Com. Secretary General apprised the house the discussion had with the Board authorities and the meeting of the Additional Commissioners of Income tax (H.Qrs) at Agra on 18th September, in the matter. The proposal for providing mobile phones with a certain amount of talking time to all employees and officers through a specific agreement with either BSNL or any other service provider, he added, has been mooted by the Board and the same would be finalized within a short time. The Secretariat members (Com. Roopak Sarkar, Com. Ujjal Hore and Com. Nayak – all from West Bengal) were of the opinion that the ITEF should not have agreed for the issuance of the order of extending the facility for only 15 persons in a Range as it was contrary to the earlier decision taken in this regard. The house appreciated the fact that ITEF West Bengal Circle had fully and completely implemented the earlier decision in as much as not a single employee has accepted the mobile phone facility. However, the house was also apprised of the fact that the same was not the case elsewhere in the country baring a few circles. The decision to accept the present proposal of the Board to extend the facility of 15 phones exclusively for the Non Gazetted employees was taken as an interim measure pending finalization of the proposal to provide the facility to all employees and officers within the available financial resources. After some discussion it was decided that all Circle General Secretaries should ensure that the present scheme is implemented in their respective charges in the manner in which most of the employees would get the benefit of reimbursement of mobile charges.
The house also noted the negative development taking place in the case of BPR related outsourcing despite the assurance to the contrary from the Chairman, CBDT.
The house also noted that in almost all charges the training course has commenced for the Group D employees, the culmination of which will provide all non matriculate Gr D employees with the Grade Pay of Rs 1800. However, the stipulated time limit viz. 30th October, 2009 would not be adhered to.
The house was informed by the Secretary General that the last round of discussions the representatives had with the Joint Secretary (Personnel) Department of Expenditure on 7th October, 2009 had indicated that the issue would not be settled soon and is likely to be delayed as the Official side has decided not to the consider the case of Inspectors in isolation.
The house also noted that despite the issuance of letter by the DI(HRD) addressed to the Chief Controller of Accounts, the Zonal Accounts officers have not stayed the recovery of the alleged excess amount granted to those who have claimed advance increment for passing the Departmental Examination. The house asked the Secretary General to take up the issue once again before the Board to ensure that the recovery orders by the Chief Controller of Accounts was on flimsy and untenable grounds,
Agenda Item No.2.
In the background of the review of the progress of implementation of the agreement, the house was of the opinion that the postponed strike action should be revived and should be carried out in the winter session of the Parliament i.e. in the 3rd or 4th Week of November, 2009. It was also decided that the Secretary General should hold discussions with the representatives of the Central Excise Inspectors Association and the Customs Preventive officers Federation to a united action in the matter. The Secretary General was asked to present the following proposal for the consideration of the Central JCA meeting slated for the same day in the evening.
(a) to hold demonstration against the visiting dignitaries of the Board to ensure that the issues are sellted immediately.
(b) To organize the one day strike in November, 2009
(c) To follow up the strike action with a boycott of search and seizure and survey operations.
Agenda Item No. 3.
The house after hearing the President and Secretary General decided to request the ITGOA leadership to ensure that during the course of agitations, the negotiations with the authorities should be conducted jointly and no independent discussions on any issue should be conducted by the respective organizations.
Agenda Item No. 4.
Any other matter with the permission of the Chair.
1. The accounts for the period 2008-09 were presented. This has to be got audited. The house decided to immediately remit the dues to the former Secretary General.
2. The finance Secretary wanted that all important decisions involving big financial outlay should be brought to the notice of the Sectt and appropriate decisions taken before the funds are defrayed.
3. The decision taken at the Daman Working Committee meeting to co-opt personnel in the existing vacancies in the Sectt. was briefly discussed. Some of the members raised the absence of constitutional provisions to do so. It was clarified that CWC operates all the powers and functions of the Conference in between two conferences
4. Com Secretary General informed the house of the receipt of the report of the Chairman, Dsciplinary Committee in respect of Com. Pankaj Saxena of ITEF Gujarath Circle. The house decided to accept the report and direct the Circle General Secretary ITEF Gujarath Circle to act according to the decision of the Disciplinary Committee.
5. The Secy. Genl. informed the house that till January, 2009, when the Foreign Service issue will be settled, any one of the following office bearers would be at the CHQ to look after the day to day work.
1.Com.KP.Rajgopal, President,ITEF, 2. Com.Ashok Salunkhe, Secretary General, 3. Com. Amitava Dey, Additional Secretary.
6. It was also decided to take up the issue of restoration of FR 22(a)(1)(ii) benefit to whomsoever got promotion to the merged/delayered cadres,from 1.1.2006 till the notification of the VI CPC report, at the appropriate level
Consider inclusion of the under mentioned points.