JOINT COUNCIL OF ACTION
Incometax Employees Federation
Incometax Gazetted officers Association
CHQ. Manishinath Bhawan, A/2/95 Rajouri Garden, New Delhi. 110 027.
M/12/2009 Dated: 23rd October, 2009
The Central JCA met on 11th October, 2009.The Secretariat of the ITEF and the Managing Committee of the ITGOA had met earlier. The Joint Convenors presented the view points emerged from these meeting for the consideration of the Central JCA meeting. The Central JCA meeting was attended by all the Sectt. Members of the ITEF and the Managing Committee members of ITGOA. The meeting discussed the outcome of negotiations the JCA leaders had with the Chairman, CBDT and Member ( Personnel) on 8th September, 2009 which led to the postponement of the strike action slated for 9th September, 2009. Taking into account the views expressed by the comrades who participated in the discussion at the Central JCA meeting, the following decisions were taken.
1. Taking into account the views expressed by some of the comrades at the meeting, it was decided to take up the following two issues independently by the respective Federations and accordingly to remove those demands from the charter.
(a) Implementation of the Supreme Court decision in the matter of interse seniority of Inspectors ;
(b) Universal application of the ratio laid down by the Court in the case of Shri Shukla.
2. In the background of the continuing procrastination on the part of the Board and the Department of Expenditure it was decided to organize the one day strike action in the last week of November, 2009. The exact date will be finalized in consultation with the Organisations in the Central Excise and Customs Departments.
3. The issues included in the 9 point charter of demands would be negotiated jointly.
4. The struggle will be further intensified in case our just demands are not positively considered by the Board.
5. Protest demonstrations would be organized as and when the Board authorities visit the field offices to convey the discontent of the employees over the inordinate delay in settling demands.
The revised charter of demands is enclosed.
Ashok Salunkhe & Rajesh Menon
JCA's CHARTER OF D E M A N D S
1. Grant Grade pay of Rs. 4,600/- as per Government of India notification to Inspectors, Private Secretaries and Administrative officers and Rs.1,800/-to all Group D employees.
2. Out of 1% incremental incentive:
a. Reimburse Mobile phone charges to all employees in the department
b. Sanction Laptops to all Gazetted Officers including AO, PS / Sr. PS,
on non-returnable basis.
3. Implement all the agreements reached with the JCA on 08/09/2009 with regard to Departmental Examinations, 2009.
4. Transfer DCIT / ACIT (who have completed 2 years cooling period and with spouse / medical / compassionate grounds, etc.) and revoke the transfer of officers, who are transferred before completing their tenure.
5. Fill up all vacant posts in gazetted and non-gazetted cadres and effect promotion to the cadre of ACIT/DCIT/Jt. CIT, by giving one time relaxation. (Conduct DPC for ACIT for RY 2009-10 and DCIT for RY as on 01/01/2009 and 01/01/2010).
6. BPR to be implemented only after reaching an agreement with the JCA and stop outsourcing of Departmental functions.
7. Grant Desktop computers to all Group C employees.
8. Dispose of all vigilance cases pending beyond one year.
9. Stop vindictive actions on our members in the light of the recent issue in MP, where an ACIT and his Addl. CIT posted at Gwalior, was suspended.